Queen Creek, Arizona
Go to Queen Creek, Arizona at Tree52.com (forums, news, free classifieds, weather, events, history and genealogy, etc.)
Queen Creek is a town in Maricopa and Pinal counties in the U.S. state of Arizona. The population was 4,316 at the 2000 census. According to 2006 Census Bureau estimates, the population of the town is 20,818.<ref name=popest2></ref>
Queen Creek is located at (33.263101, -111.634685).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 25.8 square miles (66.8 km²), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,316 people, 1,218 households, and 1,074 families residing in the town. The population density was 167.3 people per square mile (64.6/km²). There were 1,281 housing units at an average density of 49.6/sq mi (19.2/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 82.14% White, 0.35% Black or African American, 6.53% Native American, 0.32% Asian, 0.07% Pacific Islander, 14.30% from other races, and 2.29% from two or more races. 29.98% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 1,218 households out of which 50.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 75.9% were married couples living together, 7.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 11.8% were non-families. 8.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 2.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.54 and the average family size was 3.77.
In the town the population was spread out with 35.4% under the age of 18, 8.7% from 18 to 24, 30.1% from 25 to 44, 20.9% from 45 to 64, and 4.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 31 years. For every 100 females there were 104.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 105.3 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $63,702, and the median income for a family was $65,679. Males had a median income of $45,000 versus $31,447 for females. The per capita income for the town was $21,592. About 6.0% of families and 9.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 10.0% of those under age 18 and 6.5% of those age 65 or over.
- Schnepf Farms - a family operated farm that holds frequent festivals (http://www.schnepffarms.com/).
- The Queen Creek Performing Arts Center (http://www.qcpac.com/)
- Horseshoe Park & Equestrian Centre - a large, publicly owned and operated equestrian facility that hosts regional events (http://www.queencreek.org/Index.aspx?page=691).
- Queen Creek Library - the newest branch of the Maricopa County Library District that opened November 8, 2008 (http://www.queencreek.org/Index.aspx?page=712).
- Barney Family Sports Complex - a privately owned and operated indoor sports facility. To be completed fall 2008 (http://thebfsc.blogspot.com/).
- Queen Creek Olive Mill - a family owned company that grows and presses olives for the production of high quality extra virgin olive oil (http://www.queencreekolivemill.com/).
- Go to Queen Creek, Arizona at Tree52.com (forums, news, free classifieds, weather, events, history and genealogy, etc.)